Underage Drinking in your Dorm Room

When the police break up a party with underage drinking in your dorm room, you could be facing charges. Watch this video to learn how we can help.


What should I do if an underage individual is caught drinking in my dorm room?


If you’re having a party and you’re a college student, and the cops break up the party because it’s too loud or for whatever reason, and there are people there who are underage drinking, the only time you would face a penalty for that is if you provided them with the alcohol. If you’re simply having a gathering of friends and one of your friends has a girlfriend that’s 17, you’re not responsible for her. Even if it’s taking place at your home, as long as you’re not the one that’s providing the alcohol, you shouldn’t be facing any charges. If you do provide the alcohol, then you will be charged with providing alcohol to a minor. That is a felony charge, and you’re going to need representation if that’s the case. It will all depend on how the police are viewing the situation when they come upon it.

If you are being charged with providing alcohol to a minor, call me and I’ll be happy to discuss this with you.

Underage Drinking in your Dorm Room

Do you or a loved one attend college in Connecticut and have questions about underage drinking in your dorm room? Contact the experienced Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyer at Field Law today for a free consultation and case evaluation.

We can help get your life back on track.

Like Us on Facebook